Corporate Finance and SecuritiesCompliance with federal and state securities laws has become a key component of many business growth plans and transactions. Stahl Cowen represents a broad spectrum of businesses, handling their varied and ongoing finance and securities needs at every stage of their growth cycle, including:
- Seeking seed capital to finance an emerging business.
- Financing growth or acquisition through private placement or venture capital debt or equity offerings or conventional or mezzanine financing.
- Structuring, negotiating, documenting and consummating investments, including various equity investor rights and subordination and intercreditor arrangements.
- Designing management equity incentive plans, including stock appreciation rights, phantom stock plans, stock bonus plans and stock option plans.
- Executing exit strategies, including initial public offerings, recapitalizations and refinancings and sales of companies to public and private buyers.
- Seeking advice regarding securities law reporting, disclosure and insider trading requirements and directors' fiduciary duty responsibilities.
Stahl Cowen represents financial institutions as well as borrowers in a wide variety of financing transactions relating to the acquisition and refinancing of business operations and real and personal property. We have also assisted our venture capital clients in forming investment funds.