PRACTICESBusiness Organizations and Transactions
EDUCATIONChicago-Kent College of Law - J.D., 1986
Indiana University - B.S., Accounting, 1982
- Illinois (1987)
- Texas (2018)
Robert M. Mintz
Rob Mintz is a corporate transactional attorney serving domestic and international banking and financial institutions, corporations and venture capital funds, as well as serving as the chairman of Stahl Cowen's business law practice group, and on the firm's Management Committee. Rob also acts as general counsel to many of his clients, providing day-to-day advice on company legal matters and growth strategy.Rob represents both privately and publicly held businesses and financial institutions as well as international companies with business interests in the United States. His background in accounting, tax and business has aided his representation of clients in a wide variety of matters, including forming new businesses, raising private equity and debt via venture capital offerings, and with business acquisitions, dispositions and liquidations.
Rob structures and effects commercial, real estate and asset-based loan and equipment financing transactions using conventional, mezzanine and other types of financing. Rob works with a multitude of financial institutions to effect loan workouts, restructurings and forbearances. He counsels state and national banks on regulatory compliance matters and multilender credit facilities. In the real estate area, Rob advises developers, lenders and investors to analyze and structure transactions, as well as to acquire and finance properties.
Rob has also been consistently selected as a Super Lawyer in banking and finance and as a Leading Lawyer in Illinois.
- “As the Middle Market Reawakens, Don’t Forget to “WARN”.” Business Ledger.
- “There’s A New Way to do Business in Illinois - The Limited Liability Company.” Illinois Bar Journal.
- “Are Discrimination Awards Tax Exempt? An Unsettled Question.” ABA TIPSEE Newsletter.
- “Summary of Proposed Changes to CFTC’s Minimum Financial Requirements for FCMs and IBs.” Commodities Law Letter.
- “Hazardous Waste: Harmful to Your Health and to Your Wallet.” ISBA Real Property Newsletter.
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois, 1983)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Jewish National Fund, (Executive Board and Past President)
- City of Highland Park, Business and Economic Development Commission (2011-2015); Chairman (2014-2015)
- Conway Farms Golf Club
- Boot Ranch Club, Fredericksburg, TX
- Northbrook Sporting Club
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- American Bar Association