PRACTICESLitigation and Dispute Resolution
EDUCATIONChicago Kent College of Law - J.D., 2004
Wabash College - B.A., 2001
- Illinois (2004)
- United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois (2004)
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2012)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois (2012)
Kevin V. Hunt
Kevin Hunt is a member in the firm. Kevin focuses on representation of financial institutions, lenders, mortgage servicers, title insurance companies, real estate developers, contractors, condominium associations, and landlords in commercial litigation. Kevin also works with our corporate and real estate practice groups on multiple transactions.Kevin handles commercial litigation in federal and state courts. In the area of real estate litigation, Kevin handles cases involving real estate title disputes, commercial and residential mortgage foreclosures, real estate receivers, mechanic’s lien foreclosures, mortgage lending violations, forcible entry and detainer actions and building code violations. Kevin also handles breach of contract and fraud cases for many of those same clients. Additionally, Kevin represents creditors in several bankruptcy matters. Kevin’s detail-oriented approach and understanding of his clients’ business practices is the backbone of his strong attorney-client relationships. Kevin’s clients appreciate that he takes the time to make their jobs easier by understanding their needs.
- 2015 Leading Lawyers' Emerging Lawyers - Commercial Litigation.
- Presented “Legislative Update” session for the Financial Institutions Committee of the Chicago Bar Association, 2014.
- Updated Chapter 13 “Mechanic’s Liens on Leased Property” for IICLE’s 2015 Supplement of Commercial Landlord Tenant Practice.
- Authored Chapter 13 “Mechanic’s Liens on Leased Property” for IICLE’s 2013 Commercial Landlord-Tenant Practice.
- Reviewed Chapter 13 “Mechanic’s Liens on Leased Property” for IICLE’s 2010 Supplement of Commercial Landlord Tenant Practice.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Chicago Bar Association, 2015-16 Chair, Financial Institutions Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Turnaround Management Association, Member