PRACTICESLitigation and Dispute Resolution
EDUCATIONChicago Kent College of Law - J.D., 2004
Wabash College - B.A., 2001
- Illinois (2004)
- United States District Court for Northern District of Illinois (2004)
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois (2012)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois (2012)
Kevin V. Hunt
Kevin Hunt Representative Matters
- Defeated numerous claims against financial institutions related to fraud and/or lender liability claims and affirmative defenses in state and federal courts.
- Successfully defended appeal where the appellate court granted client's motion to dismiss portions of appeal and affirmed trial court's entry of summary judgment in favor of lender against third party's subrogation and unjust enrichment claims.
- Successfully appointed Chapter 11 bankruptcy trustees on behalf of petitioning lenders because of mismanagement of the debtor.
- Represented multiple court-appointed receivers related to their management of foreclosure properties and contested litigation within those foreclosure cases.
- Conducted trial as lead attorney in a mortgage foreclosure case and resolved the case to put a performing loan back on the client’s account.
- Assisted multiple note and mortgage purchasers in due diligence process prior to acquisition on non-performing loans.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for client against adverse title holder by demonstrating conveyance deed to title holder was fraudulent.
- Dismissed dozens of mechanic’s liens asserting priority over mortgage liens for failure to comply with the requirements of the Illinois Mechanic’s Lien Act.
- Recovered in excess of $600,000.00 for client on a money judgment.
- Assisted multiple note and mortgage purchasers in their due diligence process.