Business Organizations and Transactions
EDUCATIONSouthern Methodist University - J.D., 1983
University of Notre Dame - B.B.A., 1980
- Illinois (1985)
- Texas (1983)
Jeffrey J. Stahl
Jeff Stahl Representative Matters
- Created a partnership between two of the firm’s clients one a Chicago area REIT and the other an Australian REIT, who have created a pipeline of development and construction deals of grocery-anchored shopping centers located along the southeastern seaboard. Many of the transactions also receiving a variety of municipal incentives.
- Introduced a client owning a shuttered multi-story downtown parking garage to one of the firm’s most sophisticated self-storage developers, resulting in the tallest self-storage facility in the Midwest.
- Represented a client in altering his portfolio of self-managed apartment buildings, exchanging into dozens of single tenant retail properties in a series of transactions.
- Has closed real estate acquisitions/dispositions in over 30 States.
- Completed sale of California shopping center to public REIT ($42,500,000) and Washington shopping enter ($35,500,000) to a venture it formed with an affiliate of AIG Insurance. The centers were owned by a joint venture of our client and a pension fund and closed simultaneously.
- Represented a publicly traded client in the two-phase eighty plus million dollar acquisition of a Kentucky shopping center built on ground leased land and subject to state assisted bond financing, and its follow on post acquisition financing
- Lead team of attorneys representing a lender in the disposition of over One Billion Dollars in troubled loans, through foreclosure, forbearance or modification.
- Represented lender in providing a $12,500,000 construction loan for a Brooklyn self-storage facility.
- A twelve property disposition of self-storage facilities, all in the State of Illinois, with a sales price of $77,000,000.
- The sale of an apartment complex in Hoffman Estates to a Boston-based real estate investment trust. The sale involved many moving parts, including allocating the sale price between 4 parcels that were deposited into 4 separate 1031 exchange trusts. The sale price was $66,000,000.
- Represented a lender in the establishment of revolving real estate credit facilities, allowing a collateral base of changing real estate to serve as a security for an open end line of credit. This product was negotiated and closed with four (4) separate borrowers, with lines ranging from $20,000,000 to $60,000,000
- Served as lead developer's counsel in negotiation of lease and development agreement for Harrah's Entertainment for their New Orleans land based casino.
- Acquisition, construction, financing and Tax Increment Bond funding for retail development in Hillside, Illinois and sale of a portion of the site to Target, and balance to a West Coast REIT.