PRACTICESLitigation and Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
EDUCATIONChicago-Kent College of Law - J.D., 1996
University of Illinois - B.A., History, 1993
- Illinois (1996)
- Northern District of Illinois
- Admitted pro hac vice in several jurisdictions
Andrew H. Eres
Andrew Eres Representative Matters
- In a recent case for a major casino/entertainment client, Andrew had to learn the intricacies of the Illinois Fire Safety Code, down to exacting details of design drawings, exit capacity, traffic flow and even square feet per occupant for a gangway. This total immersion allowed Andrew to get key admissions from the other side’s expert witnesses in depositions and resulted in a $1,250,000 cumulative settlement in our client's favor.
- As part of his real estate workout experience, Andrew recently negotiated and documented a transaction involving thirteen (13) loans for one of his banking clients with a portfolio of over $26,000,000. The loan packages included several borrowers and guarantors and were secured by eight (8) separate commercial and residential properties.
- Andrew recently completed a series of transactions whereby he foreclosed on nine (9) separate commercial properties owned by a borrower with an aggregate loan portfolio of over $15,500,000. Andrew’s client received full recovery on all loans, including late charges, prepayment penalties, and all attorney’s fees and costs.
- Andrew represented a couple who signed a contract to purchase a multi-million dollar new construction residential single family home. The developer defaulted on the contract early on in the construction phase and ultimately went out of business. Andrew filed a declaratory judgment action for the return of his clients’ earnest money. Andrew’s clients went to several other attorneys for advice first and were told that they had no case and their money was lost. Through tough negotiating and an aggressive approach, Andrew was able to get his clients a full refund of their earnest money plus interest on their money.
- The firm was contacted by a business in California to defend it in a class action suit against several thousand companies for unauthorized solicitation.