PRACTICESBusiness Organizations and Transactions
EDUCATIONChicago-Kent College of Law - J.D., 1986
Indiana University - B.S., Accounting, 1982
- Illinois (1987)
- Texas (2018)
Robert M. Mintz
Rob Mintz Representative Matters
- Serves as General Counsel to a number of companies including: (a) an integrated genetics testing and counseling company; (b) a courier and messenger company; and (c) a third party logistics company.
- Represented a consortium of lenders in a $140 million syndicated loan.
- Restructured or worked-out in excess of $350 million of troubled loans.
- Represented buyers and sellers in acquisition or sale of more than 100 privately held companies.
- Involved in over $500 million of capital raising projects.
- Serve as interest rate swap provider counsel in a $42 million non-bank qualified tax exempt bond offering.
- Represented seller of The Cortland Companies to Cortec Group in $35 million private equity transaction.
- Represented buyer of both Viking Rope Corporation and Fibron BX, each a $5 million strategic acquisition.
- Represented buyer of a portion of a nationally recognized vineyard in Napa, California.
- Represented borrower in a $160 million accounts receivable securitization (Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi).
- Represented borrower in a $150 million revolving credit facility (Wachovia Bank).
- Represented buyer in a $145 million acquisition of Clear Shield National, an Envirodyne division.
- Handled IDFPR’s Illinois Banking Division inquiry into a state bank’s depository relationships; successfully resolved same.
- Represented administrative agent and lead lender in a $67 million multi-bank participating credit facility.
- Represented buyer of one of Chicago’s most esteemed trust companies.
- Negotiated a state bank’s depository relationship with the Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Represented various issuers in numerous Regulation D private placement transactions (aircraft and jet engine transactions; real property acquisitions; several hedge funds; and other private companies).
- Represented seller of the River City property in an $80 million transaction.
- Represented a developer in acquisition and financing of apartment complexes in the Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin, Nashville and Cedar Rapids areas; principally funded with taxable and tax-exempt revenue bonds or HUD financing.