PRACTICESLitigation and Dispute Resolution
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
EDUCATIONLoyola University Chicago - J.D., 2003
DePauw University - B.A., 2000
- Illinois (2003)
- Illinois (2003)
- Northern District of Illinois (2003)
Jeremy P. Kreger
Jeremy Kreger Representative Matters
- Obtained judgment against large oil company in favor of landowner in dispute concerning the property’s value under a ground lease purchase option.
- Achieved complete victory after trial on behalf of shareholder of international internet retailer in claim filed by the company’s other shareholder alleging oppression and breach of fiduciary duty. Client was awarded sole ownership of the company for a fraction of the shares’ actual value.
- Represented two Retiree Committees in actions resulting in large monetary settlements when employers had sought termination of benefits in bankruptcy Section 1114 cases.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order resulting in a favorable settlement on behalf of multi-national software company in claim against its former employees and their new employer for theft of trade secrets and violations of restrictive covenants.
- Obtained dismissal of claims against lender in action by borrower alleging fraud and violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Represented lender in commercial foreclosure actions involving $35,000,000 and $20,000,000 loan portfolios.
- Successfully defended a local general construction contractor against a multi-national corporation asserting seven-figure claims for breach of contract, fraud and pursuant to the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act.
- Successfully prosecuted a claim for breach of fiduciary duty and other causes related to improper use of company assets by the managing member of a limited liability company.
- Obtained dismissal of a civil Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act claim asserted against an insurance company executive, arising out of an insurance fraud scheme for which he was previously convicted.
- Negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of a Florida telemarketing company in an action for improper solicitation brought by the Illinois Attorney General in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- Successfully prosecuted a breach of contract and deceptive practices action on behalf of the nation’s largest clearinghouse for charitably donated vehicles.
- Obtained a settlement in a real estate title dispute for the full amount of the subject property’s value, plus attorneys’ fees, following extensive discovery and motion practice.