PRACTICESBankruptcy and Restructuring
EDUCATIONJohn Marshall Law School, Chicago - JD, with distinction, 1980
Bradley University, Peoria, IL - BS, 1977
DePaul University - Certificate Holder, 2000
- State of Illinois (1980)
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (1987)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (1980)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin (1996)
Bruce C. Dopke
Bruce Dopke Representative Matters
- Represented a construction industry debtor in a liquidating chapter 11 case which successfully confirmed, due to a series of novel settlements made by and between the debtor, general contractors and a group of labor pension funds.
- In the same matter referred to immediately above, prevailed in a contested matter between our client (the debtor) and a group of labor pension funds and construction industry unions which concerned the standards under which a collective bargaining agreement between the debtor, the unions and the pension funds may be rejected in a liquidating chapter 11 case – a matter of first impression in this district.
- Represented the largest unsecured creditor in a chapter 12 (farm) bankruptcy case, and then, following the conversion of that case to chapter 7, represented the chapter 7 trustee. As trustee’s counsel, Bruce obtained significant recoveries for the estate on preference claims which centered on the valuation of growing crops.
- Represented the chair of the creditors’ committee in a retail case pending in Wilmington, DE which involved 60 retail locations as well as warehousing operations, which successfully reorganized.
- Throughout his career, represented financial institutions in chapter 7, 11 and 13 bankruptcy cases and workouts.